1. Following a short presentation by Dr. John, the President of Siemens Peru, Sr. Giovanni Conetta, pledged his generous support regarding maintenance and future repairs on X-ray equipment.
2. Lengthy talks between Sr. Carlos Genteno, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Energy, and Dr. John. The Government is seeking legal means of securing a 30% reduction in electricity costs for Diospi Suyana. The mission hospital is the only hospital in Peru so far to enjoy this privileged status.
3. Container no. 28 was released from Customs at lunchtime.
4. In the afternoon Dra. Berenice Pinto, General Director of ADIFAN (Association of all Peruvian Pharmaceutical companies) and Dr. John signed a contract, under which ADIFAN will supply the mission hospital with pharmaceuticals free of charge. This must be a world-wide first.
5. Claro Telecommunications will supply ten more cell phone chips. Diospi Suyana enjoys a very privileged relationship with Claro.
We give thanks to God for all the support from companies and individuals!